Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Silver-Platter makes it possible to contribute automatable changes to source code in a version control system.
It automatically creates a local checkout of a remote repository, makes user-specified changes, publishes those changes on the remote hosting site and then creates a pull request.
In addition to that, it can also perform basic maintenance on branches that have been proposed for merging - such as restarting them if they have conflicts due to upstream changes.
To log in to a code-hosting site, use svp login:
svp login https://github.com/
The simplest way to create a change as a merge proposal is to run something like:
svp run --mode=propose https://github.com/jelmer/dulwich ./some-script.sh
where some-script.sh makes some modifications to a working copy and prints the body for the pull request to standard out. For example:
#!/bin/sh sed -i 's/framwork/framework/' README.rst echo "Fix common typo: framwork => framework"
At the moment, the following code hosters are supported:
Working with Debian packages
Several common operations for Debian packages have dedicated subcommands under the debian-svp command. These will also automatically look up packaging repository location for any Debian package names that are specified.
Subcommands that are available include:
- lintian-brush: Run the lintian-brush command on the branch.
- upload-pending: Build and upload a package and push/propose the changelog updates.
- new-upstream: Merge in a new upstream release or snapshot.
- apply-multi-arch-hints: Apply multi-arch hints.
debian-svp run takes package name arguments that will be resolved to repository locations from the Vcs-Git field in the package.
See debian-svp COMMAND --help for more details.
Examples running debian-svp:
debian-svp lintian-brush samba debian-svp lintian-brush --mode=propose samba debian-svp lintian-brush --mode=push samba debian-svp upload-pending tdb debian-svp new-upstream --no-build-verify tdb debian-svp apply-multi-arch-hints tdb
The svp hosters subcommand can be used to display the hosting sites that silver-platter is aware of:
And to log into a new hosting site, simply run svp login BASE-URL, e.g.:
svp login https://launchpad.net/
git clone https://jelmer.uk/code/silver-platter/
- Remove incidental pdb. Jelmer Vernooĳ 8 days ago
- Add tidy subcommand. Jelmer Vernooĳ 19 days ago
- Use passed in committer. Jelmer Vernooĳ 19 days ago
- Fix multiarch fixing. Jelmer Vernooĳ 19 days ago
- Fix typo. Jelmer Vernooĳ 19 days ago
- Fix compatibility with newer versions of brz-debian. Jelmer Vernooĳ a month ago
- Factor out move instructions function. Jelmer Vernooĳ a month ago
- Add instructions for moving repository. Jelmer Vernooĳ a month ago
- don't create two changelog messages. Jelmer Vernooĳ a month ago
- Fix logic. Jelmer Vernooĳ a month ago